Well October 12th comes and goes without any sign of Monthly Mary visiting. After being two days late, I’m super antsy to take another test. I come home with one and tell Austin I really want to take another one. He was a bit reluctant but he knows me well enough to know I am going to keep talking about it until I do it.
I take the test and see one line start to show up. (One line is negative, two means positive). I look away for a bit and look back to see a second line start to show up. I watch in awe as the second line becomes more and more bold. I grab the test, run to the room where Austin is, and show him. His response, “What does that mean??”
At this point, I’m shaking and laughing and simply sit down on the floor. I remember saying, “Holy crap. That happened so fast. Holy crap. One month Austin. That was so fast!”
We both were a little speechless. After collecting ourselves, we talked about who we would tell right off the bat. I also called and made a doctors appointment. They told me the baby would be due June 19th.
Since I can’t blog about all this publicly, I am still blogging about it but just not posting it quite yet. So below, you will find weekly updates up until we go public with the information.
It’s starting to sink in more and more. We’ve told all of our close friends and family. It’s been fun to talk to people about it and be excited with others.
Physically, I’m for sure noticing changes. Two words have described the past couple of days: Tired and hungry!
The facts tell me that I only need 300 extra calories but my body is telling me way different. I also feel like I can’t get enough sleep. I hate feeling tired. But I guess this is something I’m going to have to get used to.
- I was super sad when I found out I couldn’t go snow skiing this winter.
- I’ve been craving hot chocolate like I never have before too.
- I went and checked out 3 books on pregnancy at the library. I had to dodge people I knew there because I didn’t want them to see what I was reading!
- I can hardly be in the kitchen when meat is cooking.
- I suddenly noticed how stinky Austin’s work shoes are by the door.
- I can only wear certain lotions. Other ones give me a headache.
- Dog. All I smell is dog around our house. Especially the living room rug. I couldn’t even take a nap in there because all I smell is dog.
- I had no idea how stinky my car actually was. I am convinced something is rotting under my seat. I even checked. Nothing.
- At lunch yesterday, I had to cover up my side of balsamic vinaigrette with my napkin because the smell was too intense.
A few other strange things:
- I all of the sudden was really grossed out by my salad at lunch today. Bummer. I paid 5 bucks for that side salad and could only consume a third of it out of mere determination to get vegetables in my body.
- Gum makes my stomach queezy. I’ve always been a gum addict but I don’t know if it’s the smell, taste, or constant flavor in my mouth but I simply can’t chew gum like I used to.
As time goes on, we are getting more and more excited. We already have some names in mind and I of course and scheming up nursery plans. A common question I get is, “How is Austin handling all of this?” Well, he’s actually doing quite well! Probably even a little better than I am. He’s excited and coping with my hormonal changes like a champ. Love that guy.
- I smell dog everywhere. I could even smell the dog when it was under our bed at night.
- Nuts almost made me throw up today. I can’t imagine eating them right now….blah.
- My default snack is Multigrain Cheerios. Good thing I got a double box from Sams. It’s one of the few things Baby C seems to accept willingly.
- Still no gum chewing.
- Austin and I decided we need to stop calling the baby a parasite. It’s not cultivating parental affections very well.
I’ve got a raspberry in my uterus!
Well, maybe not a raspberry but a baby that resembles its size.
Week eight wasn’t too eventful. Same ol’ symptoms. Tired. Most food sounds gross. Some foods sound really good (string cheese, anyone?). I feel like I eat breakfast food all day long. I’m ok with that. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Anyway, I did celebrate a birthday in the midst of week eight. Thus, beginning the slew of baby gifts coming our way. My family just can’t help themselves.
My sister made an adorable towel with a little hoodie. She also made 4 matching wash clothes.
Austin took the liberty of showing how it is supposed to be worn. Hopefully Baby C’s head is a bit smaller than his.
My mom bought me my first pair of maternity pants.
Austin was way freaked out by the high waist. Apparently he’s never seen a pair of maternity pants that weren’t being worn by a pregnant woman. Just for laughs, I tried them on later. They are actually super comfortable.
That’s all for now. See you next week!
Baby C is the size of an olive!
(Almost an inch long now)
An olive doesn’t seem that big, but it is making me feel huge. I seriously laughed out loud today when I saw how far I could stick my stomach out. I’ve never seen my body do that before. Needless to say, most of my pants are uncomfortable. I haven’t washed any of my jeans this week because I don’t want them to shrink up again. That was until my mom took me maternity clothes shopping!
It was a huge surprise. I didn’t really think I needed them until I actually put on some maternity pants and felt the sweet relief of spandex around my waist. I guess I’m one of those lucky ladies who shows a bit early.
My mom spoiled me though. I walked out with 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of corduroys, and 4 tops. Oh, I forgot to mention the red top she made me get that states, “Tis the season to be pregnant.”
Can you tell she’s excited to be a grandma??
Overall, I’ve been feeling a bit better. I still have some funny food issues and sometimes it feels like I only got 5 hours of sleep when I really got 8 or 9. But compared to a few weeks ago, I’m a new woman. I’m so excited to tell everyone! We have our 12 week appointment on Dec 2nd. If everything is ok, soon after that we are telling the world!
- Still no gum
- Graham crackers and milk rock my world right now
- It’s not really a craving but I can’t get enough cantaloupe
- Working on my first project for the nursery. (An owl decoration that I will post about later)
- During the day, a nap is as necessary as food to me
- String cheese doesn’t sound good anymore
- Still not exercising much. It just wipes me out too much.
- I did try out some prenatal yoga. It made me giggle. Especially when she said, “Imagine your baby enjoying the stretch as much as you are…”
Baby C is the size of a Prune
Feeling better and better. Glad the worst is over. All in all, I think I skimmed by the first trimester pretty easily. The only time I get sick now is if I don’t eat within 3 or 4 hours. I’m kinda constantly snacking for the sake of feeling normal. Whatever works!
Baby C got to enjoy its first Thanksgiving…kinda. It didn’t seem too opposed to any of the food except for the smell of the stuffing.
There really isn’t that much to report.
Austin did make a suggestion that made me laugh really hard.
“Polly, you should take a picture of your stomach every day and then make one of those flip books!”
I didn’t want to laugh too hard at him because I wasn’t sure if he was serious or not. I’m still not sure, to be honest.
Anyway, just getting more and more excited to tell the world!
Baby C is the size of a lime!
Wow. A lime! That’s legit.
This week is going to be an exciting one. Why, You may ask? Because on Thursday we have our doctors appointment. If all goes well, we will tell the world we are expecting! Most likely, this will be my last hidden post. Whew- the secret has been eating at me.
Speaking of eating- my appetite is back! Food sounds good again. Especially macaroni and cheese. Mmmm- I just want some right now.
Anyway, not too much to say because I’ll say it on my blog very very soon!