I started this project…um… about 3 months ago. It kept getting pushed to the bottom of my To-Do list because I didn’t have any idea of what I wanted to do with it.
I picked up this stool at a garage sale for $5.00. I liked the curves and shape of it and saw potential.
My usual weapons: Sand block and Spray primer. Kilz brand- don’t do any other kind. I learned the hard way.
The little stool got primed and then sat in our garage for 3 months until I could figure out what to do with it.
I knew I wanted to do some type of design on the top but wasn’t inspired until I saw this stencil at Hobby Lobby.
I taped the stencil down…
I used a sponge paint brush to dab on paint.
As the top was drying, I decided I needed a bit more color. I took a risk and painted the outside of the stool legs. It gave it the splash of color I was looking for.
After the paint had dried, I gave it one coat of polyeurthane. This gave it the gloss coating.
I’m somewhat obsessed with that color now. I was seriously looking around my house for other things to paint in this color. It was just one of those little acrylic paint bottles you can get for a dollar.
I had to touch up the stenciling a little but it worked pretty well- considering I had never used one before.
So after 3 months of waiting, it only took about an hour to complete the project. Check another one off the list!